Basic MailChimp integration is provided with all plans. You can connect a MailChimp email list to a folder or label. Once connected, new emails are added to your MailChimp list when members are added to the folder or label. New emails will also be added to the list when a member with that folder or label updates their email address.
Note that with our free basic MailChimp integration:
- Old emails will not be removed from your MailChimp list when a member is removed from the folder/label or updates their email.
- All contacts under the account with the label/folder will also be added to the MailChimp list.
To connect your MailChimp email list, you first need your MailChimp API key. If you do not have an MailChimp API key, sign in to your MailChimp account, and go to Account > Extras > API keys to obtain an API key:
Once you have your MailChimp API key, go to Organization Settings > Lists, and enter your MailChimp API key. You will then be able to select a MailChimp list and folder or label to connect with the list.
Setup Merge Fields
From MailChimp click on your list and go to Settings > List Fields and *|MERGE|* tags. Ensure that "Required" is disabled for all fields except email address, and that the "FNAME" and "LNAME" merge tags are included on the list.
Premium MailChimp Integration
Premium MailChimp integration allows you to:
- Connect multiple MailChimp lists.
- Have a list connected to multiple folders and/or labels.
- Option to synchronize list - remove emails when a member is removed from a folder or label.
- Option to exclude contacts from list - contacts under an account will not be added to the list unless they specifically have that label.
- Connect an event or form to a MailChimp list.
Premium MailChimp is an additional cost service option due to the additional processing load on our servers. To add Premium MailChimp to your account, please go to Organization Settings and upgrade your service plan. Once Premium MailChimp is enabled for your account, you will be able to link all of your MailChimp lists to your labels/folders under Organization Settings > Lists.
Mailing List Opt Out
We provide a field - "Opt-out from email list" - that can be added to your Member Signup, Member Manage and Admin Profile templates. If this field is set, the member's email addresses will be removed from all your connected MailChimp lists. Note that each contact on the account has a separate opt-out setting that would have to be set to be removed from the list.
Allowing Members To Subscribe To Different Lists
If you are subscribed to our Premium MailChimp integration, you can create labels that are synced to each list. Then allow members to add/remove the labels themselves on the Member Signup and Member Manage template using the "Add/Remove Labels and Folders" box.